Monday 10 October 2011

A trip to Newcastle

I've been terrible at blogging again, I really must improve, sorry three followers. But anyway, back to the point of this post. I visited the faraway city of Newcastle two weekends ago to go to the university open day. It was a loooooooooooooong (excessive amount of O's represent the length of the journey - practicing analysis for my English essay) journey up there, in fact it was seven and a half hours. OK, fine the traffic can be blamed for about two hours of that but still it was LONG! The University somewhat reminded me of Hogwarts, old, castle-like, a dog with three heads and a few dragons hanging about... fine, maybe not the last part, but it was really quite pretty.

The University
After visiting the university, we went for a walk around Newcastle to get a 'feel' of the place. The Quayside (pronounced Keyside, yeah I don't get it either) was beautiful! Well, if you ignore the drunks and men dressed up as women, which there was plenty of.
View from the Millennium bridge on the Quayside
I loved Newcastle. The university was great, the people were so lovely, and it was such a nice place. I don't think I'll be going to university there though, we'll just have to wait and see in a couple of years time.




No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments and reply to every single one :) Thank you for commenting!