Thursday 17 November 2011

e.l.f haul - AND THE MYSTERY BOX



I've always found it really hard to find eye-shadows that look right with my eye colour, as one minute my eyes look light blue, next minute they look grey, and then the next minute they can look a bluey green. Talk about complicated... and rather annoying. But I decided to take the plunge and purchased the e.l.f mineral eyeshadows in Elegant and Trendy, and guess what? I actually really like them. Both are very shimmery and glittery, but I do love a bit of glitter in my life. Elegant is a gold based shimmer, and Trendy is more of a brown. Elegant is really sheer, but I was looking for a natural look eyeshadow so it fits the bill, and it is easy to build up if you want a more pigmented look. I did try to take some photographs of the swatches but the weathers a bit dreary today so I'll try again on a brighter day.


I also decided to introduce some make-up brushes to my collection. Being a bit of a er, brush virgin, I didn't really have a clue what to look for. So, after spending a lot of time researching brushes and reading reviews on blogs I found that the e.l.f Studio Powder Brush has rave reviews, and too right! I will no longer be using my finger to apply my liquid foundation, this brush blends so well and gives me a flawless (well as flawless as my skin can look) coverage! I also purchased the e.l.f Studio C Eyeshadow Brush which I've also been impressed with.

THE MYSTERY BOX... drum roll please



The Beauty Baron ran a special offer that all orders over £10 would receive not only free postage, but also a mystery box of e.l.f products worth £10. I've been a bit naughty by purchasing this stuff, I didn't really have the money but I just couldn't resist the mystery of the, well, mystery box. I was really happy with what I received, especially as the e.l.f nail polish in Twinkle was going to be in my next e.l.f haul. I did have a bit of a scare when I opened the box as I thought I'd been sent the Powder Brush that I'd already purchased, but fear not, I received the Mineral Powder Brush, which I will be using with my compressed powder... as you do with a powder brush. My mystery box also included the e.l.f shimmer pencil in Boldly Bronzed which I'm yet to try out, and another nail polish called Golden Goddess.

Thankyou for this special offer e.l.f, I will continue to be a loyal customer.


All products are available from the e.l.f website
Check out the Beauty Barons facebook page for special offers

2 comments:

  1. oooo loving the mystery box! I've always wanted to try elf products but never got around to it, think i've spied it in a local supermarket so I must go have a better look.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know it was such a great promotion. You should definitely try them, I recommend the Mineral Lipsticks and the Studio Powder Brush! I can't wait to go to America next year and stock up on cheap e.l.f products!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments and reply to every single one :) Thank you for commenting!