Thursday 8 December 2011

NOTD: Gold Leopard Print




Is anybody else hating this winter weather at the moment? The disappearance of the sun is making it incredibly hard to take any decent photos! The winter months are definitely not the best time for swatches, or just picture taking in general.

For this nail art I used Models Own Gold Rush as a base colour, then I diagonally applied Coral Reef across the tip, and used Top Turquoise for the leopard spots, defining them with the WAH and Models Own Nail Art Pen. It probably took me about an hour, whilst doing other things to get this done, but the majority of that time was waiting for the layers to dry. It's such a fun design to do, although quite time consuming and it was hard to get the diagonal line neat, I even asked my dad to do my right hand for me but that turned into an utter disaster! Note to self: never ask a man to paint my nails again, unless they are a trained artist. I did this design for Clothes Show Live in Birmingham which I attended on Monday with my friend Allie courtesy of Models Own (post to follow when I get round to it). All the girls on the Models Own stand loved them, I even shook hands with the man behind Models Own, and then of course bought a load of polishes. I can now make a rainbow of Models Own polishes with the shades I have.

Anyway, my posts are becoming fewer and rarer, but I've had a pretty stressful week so blogging hasn't exactly been the first thing on my mind, and unfortunately it probably won't be for the next few days due to mock exams next week and of course the mad run up to Christmas! Hope you're all good.


P.S My hands are in a pretty bad state at the moment due to the freezing cold weather and the lethal tiger bread and baguette packing at work. Yes really, I cut my fingers on a loaf of bread.

5 comments:

  1. impressive art!! something unique, me likey (: hope your fingers are fine. watch them lethal bread :o

    ReplyDelete
  2. errrk i hate winter :( but your nails are fab!! =) love the gold =) xx

    www.pebbzblog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks guys :) I know, winter is a huge pain! Just make sure you have a great hand cream to turn to in rough times. xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aw I love your blog sweety! After having a little nose around the first thing I know about you is that you love Models Own nail polishes?
    Hehe, they are so good!
    xxx

    http://inordinatelyplush.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you! Haha wow, how did you guess? :O Yeah, got a little bit of an addiction to them I have to admit. I want to try out some O.P.I though ASAP! x

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments and reply to every single one :) Thank you for commenting!